Do you wish to come and join a therapeutic support group at A.C.CE.S.S.?
- Join a small group of people who may be experiencing similar problems and experiences associated with a particular problem, condition, illness or personal circumstance?
- Meet with similar people – people with similar experiences, who will really understand what you are going through, who can share practical insights that can only come from first-hand experiences
- Do you feel alone, or not know many – or any – other people who are experiencing what you are coping with – where you may also be feeling isolated, stigmatised, or, not understood?
Therapy Support Groups may be able to offer you the following support and more!
- A safe and confidential place to talk where you may feel more supported with a particular problem, condition, illness, or, personal circumstance that you are experiencing
- A place where you may feel less alone and more understood by having the opportunity to talk and share your feelings in a small group, facilitated by a qualified person-centred counsellor/s
- An opportunity for you to meet on a regular basis with similar people – people with similar experiences, who really understand what you are going through
- A space for you to share and participate within the group – where you are able to offer your knowledge and experiences too
- Share positive outcomes – learn new ways to manage your life, and see from other peers that this is possible – to mutually respect, guide and support each other
- Be with similar people with no one person as the ‘expert’ where you ‘all’ feel equally valued and supported
- Share information, keep each other informed on news and up-dates that may be of interest to you and the group
The aims of the Therapeutic Support Group facilitator/s are:
- Provide the right elements for effective discussion within a safe and confidential environment facilitated by a qualified person-centred counsellor/s
- Promote group engagement and discussion which gives an opportunity for all group members to explore new thoughts, feelings and ideas
- Provide affordable and accessible support groups that are not judgemental, value difference and inclusive for all
Here are some ideas for support groups that you may wish to consider or perhaps you may wish to offer a different suggestion?-
– Diseases, injuries, chronic medical conditions, chronic fatigue
– Mental health/illness
– Physical disabilities
– Anxiety and depression
– Coping with stress/managing health and well-being
– Life transitions
You may be interested in joining an Encounter Group, Sensitivity Group, where group members work towards exploring emotional rather than intellectual insight with the attention being placed on the expression of interpersonal feelings within the group dynamics and group situation.
Whatever you may decide, Please give us your ideas, fill in the Expression of Interest Form, Group Workshops, and Support Groups and help us plan groups that you and others may wish to join. A.C.C.E.S.S. greatly values your views and will consider starting a group with 6 or more members.
We will hear you!