ACCESS offers a wide range of services and can also tailor services to suite individuals, couples, families and groups. Services are offered by qualified and training counsellors. Anybody can refer themselves to our service; they do not have to ask a doctor or social worker.
There are many different counselling approaches. The approach used by Access volunteers is the Person-Centred approach.
- A highly confidential service.
- One to One counselling at ACCESS rooms in Lancaster and Outreaches to schools, organisations and homes when appropriate.
- Family mediation/Couple therapy working with family members separately and as a family unit within ACCESS rooms: the neutral ground empowering an atmosphere of equality for all family members.
- Counselling through play for work with younger clients.
- Emotional Support this service is used commonly by people who do not require counselling, but may need someone supportive to talk to.
- Signposting and referrals to other services locally as required.
- Experience and placements for counsellors and training counsellors.